Foundation Adopts Goals for 2014
In order to identify potential partners and encourage collaborative grant making, the Foundation has adopted six goals for its work in the coming year.
- Encourage the highest level of academic success for our community’s young people;
- Expand the capacity of community-based nonprofits to more effectively carry out their missions and serve the residents of Shiawassee County;
- Foster the Shiawassee River as a source of pride for the community;
- Promote the arts and history as strong cultural cornerstones of the community:
- Help care for and protect the most vulnerable members of our community:
- Increase opportunities for community collaboration and engagement among and between local nonprofits, arts organizations, government, students, and citizens:
We encourage you to learn more about our interest and background in these areas by reading through our website; several of the pages relate to these goals. We also encourage you to contact us to discuss how we can work together to achieve these goals. We invite grant applications that serve these goals.